Custom Arrays vs. Standard Kits
Analyzing samples for a panel of cytokines and specific biomarkers offers a more complete picture of disease progression, performance of potential drug candidates, and effectiveness of treatment than traditional single-analyte ELISA methods. We offer chemiluminescent Multiplex Assay Kits for popular combinations of cytokines and chemokines, but multiplex analysis is most powerful when it can be customized.
Custom arrays allow researchers to measure the particular proteins that are most relevant (showing up-regulation or down-regulation) in their experimental or disease model. Our assay technology and production facility enable us to manufacture custom arrays with relative ease. Key biomarkers can be combined with common inflammatory cytokines for additional monitoring of immune response. Researchers can easily modify array panels based on testing results, shifts in focus, and the discovery of new proteins affecting disease pathways or indicating disease progression.
Two kinds of custom array production and service are available:
- Custom Arrays consist of analytes from pur current menu of validated biomarkers.
- Custom Assay Development involves validation of proteins not already in our menu of assays.
1. Custom Arrays
Custom Chemiluminescent Arrays:
Researchers can choose up to 12 proteins per well from the current Menu of Proteins and receive kits within two weeks. Clients frequently combine analytes from different groups within the menu, testing a combination of cytokines and biomarkers. Aushon Scientists work with individual clients to design panels that best meet each customer's needs, taking into account sample types, available sample volumes, and expected ranges for the various proteins of interest. Many combinations of proteins have been tested successfully, but occasionally some analytes cannot be combined. Specificity testing is performed on each new antibody combination to verify proper spotting and check for potential cross-reactivity. With the growing menu of proteins validated for quantification in the Cira™ System, researchers can design specific arrays that include markers of interest in a growing number of disease models. Several of these are outlined below. Volume discounts are available.
- Potential Biomarkers for Inflammation: IL-1β, IL-6, IL-10, IL-12p40, IL-15, IL-17, IL-18, IFNγ, TNFα, TNF R1, IL-1ra, IL-2Rα, IL-2Rγ, MCP-1, MIP-1α, RANTES, IL-8, ICAM-1, L-Selectin, E-Selectin, MMP-3, TIMP-1, SAA, CRP, sCD14, sCD30
- Potential Biomarkers for Tissue and Bone Remodeling: VEGF, TGFα, BDNF, β-NGF, HGH, CNTF, NT-3, LIF, OPG, OPN, RANK, RANK-L, TNF RI, TNF RII, MIP-1α, MMP-9, TIMP-1
- Potential Biomarkers for Cardiovascular Disease: IL-6, IL-8, TNFα, TNF R1, MCP-1, PAI-1 active, PAI-1 total, NT-proBNP, CD40L, MMP-9, PAPP-A, CRP, ACRP-30, ICAM-1, P-Selectin, L-Selectin, PlGF, Tissue Factor, Apo A-1, Apo B-100, Fibrinogen, MPO, Fibronectin, RAGE
- Potential Biomarkers for Diabetes/Obesity: IL-1β, IL-2, IL-6, IL-10, IL-12p40, IL-12p70, IL-18, IFNα, TNFα, GM-CSF, Leptin, HGH, IL-6R, MMP-2, MMP-9, V-CAM, ICAM-1, E-Selectin, L-Selectin, IGFBP-1, IGFBP-3, Prolactin, Resistin, ACRP-30
- Potential Biomarkers for Pulmonary Disease: IL-1ra, IL-2Rγ, IL-6, IL-8, IL-12p40, IL-15, IL-17, IFNγ, IP-10, ITAC, TNFα, TNF R1, MCP-1, MIP-1β, MPIF-1, ENA 78, Eotaxin 2, VEGF, TGFα, Amphiregulin, BNGF, BDNF, MMP-9, TIMP-1, Prolactin, PARC, MPO
- Potential Biomarkers for Cancer: VEGF-C, VEGF-D, Epiregulin, E-Cadherin, MMP-7, MMP-9, IL-6, IL-8, IGFBP-3, TNF-RI, HGF, L-Selectin, ICAM-1
2. Custom Assay Development
For a fixed fee per analyte, Aushon Scientists will optimize reagents for new proteins. Development costs and timelines will vary depending upon the type of proteins selected, the availability of reagents, and the type of validation requested. Development of custom arrays utilizing proprietary reagents provided by the client is also available. An experienced team of research scientists is constantly developing new content for the Cira platform. New assays are continually added to the menu. If a particular protein of interest is not on the menu, please inquire, as it may be in development.
Custom Arrays are produced as complete, ready-to-use kits.
Custom Arrays are produced as complete kits. The custom-arrayed 96-well plates are supplied with standards, sample diluent, wash buffer, biotinylated antibody cocktail, streptavidin conjugate, and detection reagents. As such each array is ready for testing by the researcher using appropriate instrumentation and analysis software .
Alternatively, development of custom arrays can be combined with our Sample Testing Service. Our scientists will be happy to work with you to customize the prepared array product and our testing service to accommodate your specific requirements.
For ordering information, please email us at email@example.com, or contact your Aushon Account Representative at 978-436-6464